Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP "show snmp context" Returns nothing

michael.burger2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a few c3850 switches that do not return a list of configured VLANs when I execute the "show snmp context" command.  It seems to be hit or miss on the devices and I can't see that anything is configured differently.  Any assistance is appreciated.

-Mike                    

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

try restarting the SNMP Engine:

# no snmp-server

# snmp-server community RO/RW

for e.g snmp-server community public RO

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks Afroz,

I tried stopping / starting the snmp service by removing / adding the config but the device still isn't showing the VLANs in the snmp context.  Thanks for the assistance.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Configure a test context as :

snmp-server context test

the share the output of : show snmp context and show vlan

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Afroz,

I am able to create contexts but not sure why the VLANs haven't been added automatically like with my other switches.

Hi Mike,

never seen such issue before . If possible ,you can try to reboot the device otherwise you can open up a TAC case for further assistance.

Thanks-

Afroz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: