Views
Helpful
Replies

Start up configuration erased automatically in cisco 4507R

Ranjan Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have multiple cisco switches of 4500 series in my environment. In last week one of switch 4507r rebooted and after reload it lost all its configuration. Once i took console,i came to know that there is nothing in start up file. But i could see all vlan informations without ip were exist.Also all ports were part of default vlan1. I m trying to find out how can this possible.. I checked crasinfo...but it shows LAST CRASH NEVER and config register is also set right.

Can you help me to know what can be possible cause of automatic startup config erased in cisco 4507r. I m not getting any proper reason of this issue.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the config-registry value?

Hi Leo,

Configuration register is 0x2102. 

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Was this a once-only event, or can you repeat this problem; if it was a once-only event, you may have forgotten to save  a (or the) valid current config before the reboot happened.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi Marce,

It was a once-only event and this is working since 5 to 6 years and it is rebooted multiple times during this period.All Configuration were saved since long. This really  trouble me as i m unable to find any clue.

- Check security access settings for your device, possible implement a ssh/telnet access list from which only managers can connect and or  change the admin password(s) on the switch.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi Marce,

We have already implemented SSH and given limited access.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: