Views
Helpful
Replies

Support IP flow for WS-C3750-24TS-E

Erico Verissimo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, good morning!

I have a cisco WS-C3750-24TS-E and I'm facing a problem to indentify the IP address which  higher spending the link. How can I monitoring the traffic flow on this device? Anyone can explain me please. 

I tried to configure the ip flow but it doesn't support this feature apparently.

IOS c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-52.SE.bin

C3750 Software (C3750-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(52)SE

Thanks in advanced!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only type of Catalyst 3750 that supports Netflow is the 3750-X with an optional C3KX-SM-10G.

The older 3750 types such as yours do not support Netflow at all.

Generally speaking for Cisco devices, Netflow is best gathered from a router, second choice firewall and (distant) third choice a layer 3 switch.

Even for those switches that support it, it is (again - generally speaking) not very well-supported. There are a few exceptions, but not many.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only type of Catalyst 3750 that supports Netflow is the 3750-X with an optional C3KX-SM-10G.

The older 3750 types such as yours do not support Netflow at all.

Generally speaking for Cisco devices, Netflow is best gathered from a router, second choice firewall and (distant) third choice a layer 3 switch.

Even for those switches that support it, it is (again - generally speaking) not very well-supported. There are a few exceptions, but not many.

Thank you Marvin!

If I upgrade the IOS in this version, is it possible get at less the flexible Netflow?

No. It's a hardware limitation on the model you have.

The Service Module I mentioned earlier for the 3750-X includes ASICs that remedy that fact (when used with the requisite IOS level).

Thank you for this information. I will need to change this router for other which support Netflow.

Youre welcome. Please mark your question as answered if it has been.

Thank you for this information. I will need to change this router for other which support Netflow.