Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog DB & Configuration Archive Location - Solaris

I have installed LMS 4.0.1 on Solaris 10 and it is functioning properly.

My understanding about syslogs is as follows: (please correct me if i am wrong)

Syslog received by native syslog service is saved in a directory

Syslog Collector picks up syslog messages from this location (syslog filter applies here)

Syslog analyzer process these messages and store  it in a database

Where this SYSLOG database is stored & what is the path to check the size this syslog DB?

Similarly, where is the Configuration Archive stored (path in solaris)?

Rajmohan R
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe events parsed by Sylsog analyzer are stored in the RME db. The default location on Solaris is at

/opt/CSCOpx/databases/rme/rmeng.db

Configurations are stored in the shadown directory (if enabled in the GUI). On Solaris the default location is at

/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow

Reference.

Message was edited by: Marvin Rhoads - corrected RME db location - thanks Afroj.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe events parsed by Sylsog analyzer are stored in the RME db. The default location on Solaris is at

/opt/CSCOpx/databases/rme/rmeng.db

Configurations are stored in the shadown directory (if enabled in the GUI). On Solaris the default location is at

/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow

Reference.

Message was edited by: Marvin Rhoads - corrected RME db location - thanks Afroj.

Hi Marvin,

As per my understanding also Sylsog analyzer are stored in the RME db.
The default location on Solaris is

/opt/CSCOpx/databases/rmeng/rmeng.db

(I think it was a typo mistake( rmeng instead of cmf ) while you were posting the last post)

Thanks
Afroz
Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

You're right, Afroj. I had meant to update that when I originally posted but missed it.

Thanks for the correction - I updated my post above.

AFNET HCL
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for making us informed about LMS internals.

If shadow directory is not enabled on GUI, where will be the configuration archives stored?

Also, where are the informations collected by Discovery process, Inventory collection and User Tracking collection information are stored ?

You're welcome.

If you've not enabled the Shadow directory, the files are stored in the RME database (with or without shadow enabled). They're not human readable there and instead stored there for calling up within MS itself - e.g. in the configuration editor and other places.

The various databases in LMS store the various other processes information. There is a good document Joe Clarke wrote posted here that explains in some more detail.

Please rate helpful posts and mark your question as answered once it has been.