cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracing A Serial Number on Cisco works for a Ace Blade.

tebohosmotloung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am am trying to trace an ace blade on my network, I need to know which 6500 is it connect to and I would like to trace it on Cisco works with out having to actually loggin on each and every 6500 switch on my network, because my network is hudge and that might take days. Please help.

Kind Regards

Teboho M

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try Reports>Inventory>Hardware>Detailed hardware. Filter the input selection to choose only your 6500 switches and then run the job with a one-time immediate schedule.

I don't have a chassis in my lab to check on but I believe the output should have the model and serial number of all your 6500 chassis modules. From there you can easily sort the output to list all of your ACE modules.

If it's something you need to do frequently, you can further create a custom report as described here.

Not sure about hardware report because I don't normally use it, but I know the detailed device report will give you the info you need. This is the one I normally use.

RME>reports>report generator, select inventory and detailed device report, then filter on 6500s. If you have a lot of 6500s it will be a large report because it does give a lot of detail, but you'll see which device, which slot, and the serial number of the ACE(s) in question.