Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic Monitoring on CiscoWork

wmmak
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Would you advise whether CiscoWorks can provide reporting on WAN link utilization, if so, is it availabe in which module? existing in both LAN Management Solution and Small Network Management Solution?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raymond

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gxsd
Level 1
Level 1

In the LMS package DFM will show utilization based on the thresholds you set for the interface groups. For example: 80% utilization on a serial inteface

This will then show up in the monitoring console when the 80% threshold is crossed. It does not provide reporting other than the DFM Fault History. I have no experience with the SNMS bundle.

Greg

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Raymond,

Today's LMS/RWAN versions don't provide a mechanism to monitor link utilization. I haven't looked over the features of the soon to be released LMS 2.5, but I don't think it will provided the statistics you're looking for.

Your best bet is a third-party application such as Cricket or MRTG, both of which provide excellent link utilization, errors and alot more information.

Cricket can be found here:

http://cricket.sourceforge.net/

MRGT here:

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/

HTH

Steve

gxsd
Level 1
Level 1

In the LMS package DFM will show utilization based on the thresholds you set for the interface groups. For example: 80% utilization on a serial inteface

This will then show up in the monitoring console when the 80% threshold is crossed. It does not provide reporting other than the DFM Fault History. I have no experience with the SNMS bundle.

Greg

gxsd
Level 1
Level 1

In the LMS package DFM will show utilization based on the thresholds you set for the interface groups. For example: 80% utilization on a serial interface

Greg