cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to upgrade from Cisco Prime Infrastructre 3.0 to 3.1

newbiegrizzly
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded the PI-Upgrade-3.0.X_to_3.1.0.0.132.tar.gz upgrade installer file and tried to install it. I followed the normal procedure of upgrade. However, after the first step it shows me the below error.

<!--break-->

Initiating Application Upgrade...
  Stage 1 of 7: Transferring file ...
  -- complete.
  Stage 2 of 7: Unpacking file ...
% Unable to unbundle the package. Package may be corrupt or there is not enough disk space.

<!--break-->

I checked that I have more than 65% of disk space left. So, I am not sure if it is a problem. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

papram
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

When performing an inline upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1, first a backup is triggered and then the upgradation process is triggered.

Snippet from the document:

Step 5 Move backup files (all files with the.tar.gpg extension) from the /localdisk directory to another server and ensure that /localdisk has 80% free space

Step 9 Ensure the local repository (defaultRepo) contains no backup files

That must be the reason why you are not able to upgrade succesfully. Also verify the md5sum of the downloaded package with that available on cisco website

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Raghu

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

papram
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

When performing an inline upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1, first a backup is triggered and then the upgradation process is triggered.

Snippet from the document:

Step 5 Move backup files (all files with the.tar.gpg extension) from the /localdisk directory to another server and ensure that /localdisk has 80% free space

Step 9 Ensure the local repository (defaultRepo) contains no backup files

That must be the reason why you are not able to upgrade succesfully. Also verify the md5sum of the downloaded package with that available on cisco website

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Raghu

great thanks,

MD5 checksum didn't match and It happened to be corrupt file. Downloaded third time and worked like a charm. Thanks again

MandipSingh5556
Level 1
Level 1

Subject :- Inline upgrade Cisco Prime 3.8 to 3.9

Issue:-% Unable to unbundle the package. Package may be corrupt or there is not enough disk space

temp. space 1% used (3172 of 1983056)
disk: 2% used (2235760 of 184561716)

MD5 -matched

Resolution:-Delete the repository defaultRepo (only incase having no other files than upgrade file in repo)

>conf t# repository defaultRepo
>admin(config-Repository)# url disk:/defaultRepo>exist

upload the file again :-admin# copy tftp://172.25.101.112/PI-Upgrade-37x_38x_to_3.9.0.0.219.tar.gz disk:defaultRepo

run the application upgrade

>admin# application upgrade PI-Upgrade-37x_38x_to_3.9.0.0.219.tar.gz defaultRepo

and it went successful

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card