cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update IP ACL for over hundreds catalyst 2960 switches

rsychow1
Level 1
Level 1

I am not an expert in Cisco networking and would need to seek for help if there is a way to update IP ACL for multiple switches instead of manually updating one by one. All switches are VTP transparent.

I'd be grateful if someone could help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just one more question, does it also apply the same when creating new VLAN on a switch? VTP domain is not an option.

There are things I'll do with cut-and-paste, but creating and deleting VLAN isn't one of them.  Not because they can't be done (they can be), but if the wrong VLAN is changed then hell happens.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How many appliances are we talking about? 

Optionally, you could script it.

They are about 103 catalyst 2950 and 2960

They are about 103 catalyst 2950 and 2960

103 units is nothing.  Just put in a notepad the entire steps you have to do, like: 

1.  Username; 

2.  Password; 

3.  config t; 

4.  Lines to be removed & added; and

5.  Exit and save config. 

Copy that, paste when you remote into the device. 

Thanks so much Leo for further detail. Just one more question, does it also apply the same when creating new VLAN on a switch? VTP domain is not an option.

Just one more question, does it also apply the same when creating new VLAN on a switch? VTP domain is not an option.

There are things I'll do with cut-and-paste, but creating and deleting VLAN isn't one of them.  Not because they can't be done (they can be), but if the wrong VLAN is changed then hell happens.  

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming you don't have any commercial configuration management tool (Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Solarwinds NCM, etc.) or budget, you could use a freetool like wktools.

http://www.spoerr.org/wktools/

He has some examples on how to do common tasks here:

http://spoerr.org/wktools/wkeHowTo.html

Thanks Marvin! I will definitely look into the tool you suggested and see how it works.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card