Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Cisco ACS 5.3

williammanurung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have two cisco acs that install on my ucs server, the first acs as primary server and the second acs as secondary server.

For infomation, our acs before with OS 5.3 and i want to upgrade to the latest version (5.8).

Do you know step by step or guide about that?

and one more, whats difference between acs deployment and acs server?

Thanks before.

4 Replies 4

Hi @williammanurung

There are some steps to succeed on this task:

" If you are using ACS 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, or 5.4, you must first upgrade to ACS 5.5, 5.6 or 5.7 before upgrading to ACS 5.8."

Take a look here for more detail:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-8/installation/guide/csacs_book/csacs_upg.html

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

An ACS deployment is the set of servers that are collectively providing your AAA services using ACS (i.e the primary and backup ACS server).

A deployment could be a single server or two servers in high availability configuration.

Each ACS appliance (physical or VM) constitutes an ACS server.

We also need to upgrade from ACS 5.3.40.5 to the latest version, and I have read the relevant documents about upgrading first to 5.5 etc.

As part of the upgrade process, we need to install "Pointed-PreUpgrade-CSCum04132-5.3.0.40"(into 5.3 before the upgrade to 5.5) and "Pointed-PreUpgrade-CSCum-04132-5.4.0.46.0a"but I cannot find these files on the Downloads site.

Does anyone know where I can get them?

Chris Slater-Walker

Network Engineer

MorganSindall

Since they have expired from the regular downloads section, you should open a TAC case and request that the engineer do a special file publish for you. They will give you access via FTP.