Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 3.5 to 3.10 cisco prime and licence

adil1bz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

im upgrading cisco prime to the version 3.10, i have a permanent license on cisco prime 3.5

I wonder  if i upgrade can i reuse the same license and how to do it

could you please help?

Thanks in advance

best regards

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Normally as licenses are part of backups ; they will be kept. But the upgrade path is not straight forward ; have a look at
                https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-10/quick_start/guide/cisco_prime_infrastructure_3_10_quick_start_guide.html
                                             and take care of all requirements mentioned!

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello thank you for the response, my situation is that we bought directly a 3.10 license, made the upgrade from 3.5 to 3.7 using application backup then an upgrade from 3.7 to 3.10 then applied the license

all that in a pre production environment 

on our prod environnement it’s a 3.5 with a permanent license so the license is supposed to go with the upgrade using application backup

accoding to you and cisco documentation , it keeps assurance license after the upgrad with 2 steps

could you confirm this reasoning?

thanks in advance