cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Prime Infrastructure

deniserconway
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me the Upgrade path from Prime Infrastructure 2.1 to 3.1?

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By far the easiest method is to export your devices and maps (if any) and then build PI 3.1 fresh and import those objects.

The inline upgrade process is multi-step, takes several to many hours and, depending on your current platform, may not even be possible. If you really want to go that route, let us know your current platform (VM or hardware appliance and which model if it's the latter) and the exact version including patch level that you currently have.

+1 Marvin Rhoads

you can also copy your license files off the server. Below is the procedure….

cd /opt/CSCOlumos/licenses
zip licenses.zip *.lic

Then ftp that licenses.zip off the server and onto the new server
Then log into the root CLI of the new server and move the file to /opt/CSCOlumos/licenses and unzip it
Restart services on the new server

The zip file that is created when you export your devices will contain a csv file which will contain
all devices/strings/credentials.
You would want to import the devices into the new instance of Prime Infrastructure.
Then perform a re-sync to get a new collection.
Once this is complete and all data is showing properly….import your exported maps.
Prime Infrastructure will then make all the necessary AP associations.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

Ref : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-1/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html

Upgrading From Previous Releases of Prime Infrastructure

You can upgrade the following Prime Infrastructure versions to Prime Infrastructure 3.1:

• Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0.3
  • Technology Package 1.0.3 for Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0.2
  • Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0.2
  • Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0.1
  • Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0.0.78

If your product/version is not in this list, to upgrade to 3.1, you must first upgrade to version 3.0.x at a minimum.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '