cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading LMS 3.2 Issues

jeffreydorn
Level 1
Level 1

Just upgraded to LMS 3.2 and now have a few problems, I hope they are all related. One problem is the speed of the application as a whole, but especially managing processes within Common Services.  Almost every page takes longer to load than the previous version, but the managing processes page is terrible.  Sometimes it will take 5 minutes for the page to come up.

That brings me to what I hope the problem is.  I have quite a few processes that I can't get to start.  After looking at what they all had in common, they all depend on EssentialsDM.  When I look at EssentialsDM, it is in the "Waiting to Initialize" process state.  I cannot seem to get this process to start.

I included a copy of my EssentialsDM.log

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ah, it appears you have the Windows Remote Management service started.  That service listens at tcp/47001 which is the same port that EssentialsDM requires.  To get around this, shutdown Daemon Manager, then shutdown the Windows Remote Management service.  Delete NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/ctmregistry*.  Then restart Windows Remote Management.  Then restart Daemon Manager.  The EssentialsDM process should come up.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ah, it appears you have the Windows Remote Management service started.  That service listens at tcp/47001 which is the same port that EssentialsDM requires.  To get around this, shutdown Daemon Manager, then shutdown the Windows Remote Management service.  Delete NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/ctmregistry*.  Then restart Windows Remote Management.  Then restart Daemon Manager.  The EssentialsDM process should come up.