cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading LMS 3.2 Issues

jeffreydorn
Level 1
Level 1

Just upgraded to LMS 3.2 and now have a few problems, I hope they are all related. One problem is the speed of the application as a whole, but especially managing processes within Common Services.  Almost every page takes longer to load than the previous version, but the managing processes page is terrible.  Sometimes it will take 5 minutes for the page to come up.

That brings me to what I hope the problem is.  I have quite a few processes that I can't get to start.  After looking at what they all had in common, they all depend on EssentialsDM.  When I look at EssentialsDM, it is in the "Waiting to Initialize" process state.  I cannot seem to get this process to start.

I included a copy of my EssentialsDM.log

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ah, it appears you have the Windows Remote Management service started.  That service listens at tcp/47001 which is the same port that EssentialsDM requires.  To get around this, shutdown Daemon Manager, then shutdown the Windows Remote Management service.  Delete NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/ctmregistry*.  Then restart Windows Remote Management.  Then restart Daemon Manager.  The EssentialsDM process should come up.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ah, it appears you have the Windows Remote Management service started.  That service listens at tcp/47001 which is the same port that EssentialsDM requires.  To get around this, shutdown Daemon Manager, then shutdown the Windows Remote Management service.  Delete NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/ctmregistry*.  Then restart Windows Remote Management.  Then restart Daemon Manager.  The EssentialsDM process should come up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: