cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading to LMS 4.0.1

IGOR SPANZ
Level 1
Level 1

After the installation LMS 4.0 I make Upgrading on LMS4.0.1. The process remains stand with the message "File Copy in progress..." during several hours. After the Reboot of the server it points me Cisco Works again with LMS 4.0 starts.

OS Version: Windows 2008 R2

LMS401.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm not sure what happened during your multiple installation attempts, but it appears that LMS 4.0.1 was successfully installed.  You have all the right component versions.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you follow the tips in https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132 to make sure anti-virus was disabled (and other things)?  AV can certainly slow down I/O operations.  The log in C:\ may have more details as well.

Thanks, I have added the log file, maybe what can find you there

The copy process can last a long time.  It isn't clear if you tried to do this installation after disabling anti-virus scanning, but you should do that.  You should also make sure you extract the executable from the zip file rather than trying to run it from within the zip file.

I tested an upgrade on a Windows 2008 32-bit VM last night, and the copy process took roughly seven minutes.  During this time, the CPU was being occupied by java.exe and unzip.exe.

I have made it with anti-virus not running, if result resembles...

I do not understand.  Are you saying that even without AV enabled, the problem occurs?  If so, what about my other suggestion?  You need to fully uncompress the patch Zip file before running the installation.  If, after doing that, check the Task Manager to see what processes are running.  As I said, I saw a seven minute delay when I installed the mega-patch.  During this time, the CPU was at around 100% with java.exe and unzip.exe as it extracted the files from the installer.

Yes, I have the file fully uncompress, the AV not running I see in task manager that the processes  Unzip (10 minutes) and running Java.exe and the CPU load goes on 90%... after 10 minutes running ONLY java.exe and I get no end announcement for the installation.
What I see now, however (pictures and PDF. file) supposedly the version 4.0.1 instaliert (the last installation in the 4/11/2011 is at 11 o'clock), however, I am not sure that it is correct.

Hi

Does any one know how to setup the Lms 4.0 i have loaded LMS 4.0 and also configured all basic settings, i am able to figure out how to add the device and check the verison treee etc,,

after adding the device and try to veiw the device the below error message getting.,,

The device is not available in the device credentials repository or you are not authorized to view the device details.

i am using admin account to do this job.

can some one help me on how to add device into lms 4.0 and check the config .

SS

Please start a new thread for your question.

Hi Clarke,

thanks for the good news and support.

I'm not sure what happened during your multiple installation attempts, but it appears that LMS 4.0.1 was successfully installed.  You have all the right component versions.

Hi Clarke,

thanks for the good news and support.

a.perrichon
Level 1
Level 1

I have same issue insalling LMS 4.0.1. The steps I did:

1) LMS 4.0 installation with R2 patch

2) data restore from lms 3.2

3) trying to intall LMS 4.0.1

LMS 4.0.1 installation is left with "file copy in progress". We waited for few hours and the process java.exe taking the cpu (among 45%).

After few tried, same problem occurs ...

Regards,

Please start a new thread for your issue.

I opened a new thread for the same issue ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco