cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Credential Missing

diek
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1721 with a 6509 attached to its ethernet port and another 1721 attached to its serial port via a T1 line. It fails with a Username Credential Missing. Protocol not Configured error when I do a Ciscoworks Device Center Management task of Check Device Credential. The 1721 attached to its serial port via a T1 line passess the Check Device Credential task. I can do the Management Station to Device to it testing Telnet and it passess. I have a Credential Set that I created and used to Overwrite All Device Credentials for both 1721 devices. I can manually log into the failing 1721 using the same Passwords that I have set in the Primary Credential. I have the same problem on 2 other 1721 routers. I have 47 other Cisco devices that i8t works on but I can not get it to work on 3 of my 1721 routers. I narrowed it down to this problem when these three 1721 routers started to fail their configuration archive with Failed to establish Telnet connection.  

3 Replies 3

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can check for more details for these 3 devices with packet capture. Also, let me know if tacas is enabled for these devices.

Kindly start the sniffer trace from Device Centre for telnet and check if the correct ip is used as source and destination ip address

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Thanks for responding to my problem.

TACAS in not enabled for any cisco devices I have.

Attached is a zip file with some snap shots of the problem I am having.

Document1 is a trace of a Management Station to Device working on 1721 router that fails the Check Device Credential task.

Document2 is the Packet Capture running on the 1721 failing the Check Device Credential task as you can see no 0 bytes are transferred.

Document3 is Check Device Credential task job details failing on 1721.

Document4 is a trace of the 1721 attached to the serial port of the failing 1721 via T1 line passing the Check Device Credential task.

Hope this makes sense to you on how I am telling you this. I am trying to show that I can communicate with the failing 1721 but not able to Check Device Credentials on it while I can Check Device Credentials on other 1721 routers I have including the one that is on the remote end of the failing 1721.

Why is there no communications at all to the failing 1721 when doing the Check Device Credential task on it?

Thanks,

Ken

Gaganjett,

Did any of the information I sent to your responce make andy sense to what I am doing.

Thanks,

Ken

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card