cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VALIDATION_FAILURE.-UPDATE_103

Toivo Voll
Level 1
Level 1

Our PI 2.2 install shows the alert icon under the search box, informing us that there's a critical Maintenance Release 2.2.1. It downloads fine (reaching 100%), but then we get this message:

There was an error downloading pi221_20150131-27.ubf. This error is often caused by discrepancies between what is downloaded and the attributes of the files which were expected. Reason: VALIDATION_FAILURE.-UPDATE_103

Has anyone seen this / any idea what's going on before I open a TAC case?

28 Replies 28

We do have the poodle update installed. TAC did not mention anything about it being a cause, but then again they just said that a fixed patch would be published in the future, and talk to our account team for more details. So far, none have been forthcoming.

What I noticed with the install of the patch to a PI with poodle not installed was that it included he poodle patch. So that is why it probably failed to install, because of a itch that was already installed. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

TAC told me a fixed patch would be released, but couldn't comment on timeframe. Our account team has not been able to give us a time for when that might be either.

Is there a case number on this? My sales engineer indicated he would check on the case and see where they stand if he could get a case number. Thanks.

My case was 633879447. Good luck, and let us know if you hear of a solution or official bug ID.

Thanks, will do.

I got this information from Cisco when I asked my rep to check on the case Toivo supplied -

"As per our conversation over the phone, I explained you that patch "pi221_20150131-27.ubf" does not require to be downloaded due to the fact that from development team they have found several inconsistencies related to it, therefore, so far no Bug ID is related to it, however, Development team is working on this currently and as fast as possible they will show the proper path or steps to download any new patch as well as any device pack available at that time for Prime Infrastructure 2.2.

I highly recommend you to contact your Cisco account team to be notified as soon as any solution is released."

So we did, through our account team, get a patch to supposedly fix this issue (though the nag still stays.)

Unfortunately, now the new Datacenter_Technology_Pack is failing to install with the same 103 validation error :-( I'm following up again, but figured I'd updated this saga hear as well.

Has anyone else gotten satisfaction from TAC or their account team on this?

What I got back was to open a case, which I still have not done.

So, I have opened a case on this and the engineer has indicated there is a work around. We are doing a webex tomorrow for him to apply the workaround. I will report back what they end up doing.

I worked with TAC and was able to clear this error. It needs to manually done and they send the files to you to load on the server. The engineer supplied the steps and bug id for this issue:

Bug id

http://cdets.cisco.com/apps/dumpcr?&content=summary&format=html&identifier=CSCut07018

Solution

-Log in to root shell and move the /opt/CSCOlumos/updates folder contents  to /opt/update_bkp, and create a directory with the name updates under the /opt/CSCOlumos/ path then restart the server.

ade # mv /opt/CSCOlumos/updates/ /opt/updates_backup

ade # cd /opt/CSCOlumos/

ade # mkdir updates

ade # pwd

/opt/CSCOlumos/updates            (make sure from the path)

-After startup access Software Update screen, it would look empty with no updates.

1-Delete the following files from PI :

/opt/CSCOlumos/lib/assurance/sam_system_service_definition-2.1.64.jar

/opt/CSCOlumos/lib/assurance/sam_performance_service-2.1.77.jar

/opt/CSCOlumos/lib/xmp/xmp_dbCredential_mgmt-6.1.32.jar

/opt/CSCOlumos/lib/ifm/ifm_swim_service_impl-2.1.98.jar

2- copy files inside the attachment to respective directories "files are attached to this case in a zip file" as following  :

sam_performance_service-2.1.76.jar          to    /opt/CSCOlumos/lib/assurance/

sam_system_service_definition-2.1.63.jar    to    /opt/CSCOlumos/lib/assurance/

ifm_swim_service_impl-2.1.97.jar            to    /opt/CSCOlumos/lib/ifm/

xmp_dbCredential_mgmt-6.1.29.jar            to    /opt/CSCOlumos/lib/xmp/

Here is md5sum for files inside attachment to make sure that they are not corrupted.

ifm_swim_service_impl-2.1.97.jar               d73f842c87074436cd4f04ecf80d1943

sam_performance_service-2.1.76.jar             7053bd48fb1fa8f203fe2c9cb3a51ef4

sam_system_service_definition-2.1.63.jar       654d760752985184f6aab58bf7a3aca1

xmp_dbCredential_mgmt-6.1.29.jar               0932203542512604d44ecf7aaead4bd7

3-Upload and install pi221_20150131-27.ubf with md5sum  92984a842bc019b9005f15c2669612eb

4-restart services

Can you please upload these files from the TAC case here?

Or can someone from Cisco upload them here?

That would really help!

Thanks!

... such a shame ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card