Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtualization PI and APIC-EM ?

martinboitz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my question is, it is true that you should not perform VMotion on the tool APIC-EM after virtualization with VMWare?

And when.....why not?

Best regards
Martin

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Not true

>Why not ?

It would also , then help, if you provide the argumenting-source (info) and it's motivations.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hallo marce1000,

thank you for your mail.

My consideration is to buy the APIC-EM. Now the only question is whether it should be bought as a hardware appliance or as an OVA. My PI3.x.x runs as a hardware appliance and I am very happy with it.

Now I heard from my CONSULTING SYSTEMS ENGINEER (SALES) that this problem exists in VMWare.

...But maybe I can ask you...

you tested vMotion on your own APIC-EM-ESXi successfully?

And after the vMotion APIC-EM runs?

Which ESXi version did you use?

Which APIC-EM version did you use?

Best Regards

Martin

From the link below I get :

In addition to acquiring a dedicated Cisco APIC-EM physical appliance with the ISO image preinstalled and tested, you can also install the Cisco APIC-EM ISO image in a supported virtual environment. You may want to do this for testing the controller within your network, prior to setting up the appliance.

- This  seems to indicate that VM based solutions for APIC-EM are only intended for testing purposes and that you should go for an appliance in the end.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/application-policy-infrastructure-controller-enterprise-module/1-1-x/hardware-guide/b_apic-em_hardware_install/b_apic-em_hrd_install_chapter_0100.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hallo marce1000,

thank you for the answer.

But you have not answered my questions. But thanks for your guess ... it's a good Note.

Is there anyone in this forum who has ever done such a test?...In this constellation?

Best Regards
Martin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card