Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan.dat Failed retrival

David Verling
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have seen the various posting regarding how LMS copies vlan.dat : ie over tftp.

I have verified login credentials over SNMP and SSH and these come back Ok however I still get :

VLAN
CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for <switch> Cause: Command  failed
VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.
TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10..x.x.x -  Cause: Connection refused.
Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device  package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if  required.

So can someone please answer why it it saying it is trying over telnet when it is configured to do it over ssh?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Telnet was tried because the retrieval over SSH failed.  The way vlan.dat is archived is RME will login to the device via SSH or telnet, then issue a "copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:" command.  This means that TFTP must be allowed from the device to the RME server.  Make sure this copy command can be executed manually.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Telnet was tried because the retrieval over SSH failed.  The way vlan.dat is archived is RME will login to the device via SSH or telnet, then issue a "copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:" command.  This means that TFTP must be allowed from the device to the RME server.  Make sure this copy command can be executed manually.