cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the problem with my dns server?

dieter-thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Hey! When I type in the domain networkchuck.coffee and start the simulation, I only see DNS protocols. I expect to see HTTPS protocols. I do not understand the problem. I would be very happy about your advice?

5 Replies 5

Hello,

where do you type 'networkchuck.coffee', in the web browser of a laptop ?

Hey! I am sorry for the delayed response. Yes I am typing that in the web browser of a laptop. But I can not reach the website and instead of https protocols when starting the simulation I can only see dns protocols.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

First, IP needs to be resolved to name; so DNS is query first; then you can see HTTP protocol.  (u see ARP as well).

if you type in IP of 23.227.38.65, it will open up a website for coffee. this is good sign; this means HTTP server is fine but DNS server is not.  you cannot open a website using host name like networkchuck.coffee, it is likely DNS side issue. 

I think you are missing www record on the DNS server.  Solution is to add A record of www. chuck  .coffee to match IP of www server.  Now u should be able to open www or ping by www. name .com record.

Note: this only works from Johnny PC but not others, why? there is secondary error...but this one you should be able to solve it yourself.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

I thank you for your detailed response! I will try to solve the other one. Best regards!

Hello,

you need to add the IP address of the DNS server to the client, enable the DNS server, and create A records. Check the two screenshots, I also revised the file...