Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 9800 and Cisco Prime 3.9 not showing the clients via telemetry

jczifra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We are migrated a Cisco 5508 WLC to new Cisco 9800 wlc. We are using a Cisco Prime and we can't get any info about the clients joined or anchored to other new WLC. 

Our setup: Cisco 9800 WLC 17.3.3 , Cisco Prime 3.9

Network Devices -> Wireless Controller -> We have a 2 WLC in a DC and in a DMZ if somebody joined to DC with GUEST user it will send to DMZ WLC with anchor.  The wlc show the client count but that number only show the Local. 

If i make a show wireless client summary i can see the local and export foreign too but the prime show only the local. 

If somebody sent to dmz it will get an anchor tag and i can't see in the prime, but i can see in CLI. 

Maybe prime issue maybe wlc issue or maybe telematry config ( we are using a default prime installed telemetry config. )

Anybody have any idea what need to check or change? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@jczifra wrote:
We are using a Cisco Prime and we can't get any info about the clients joined or anchored to other new WLC. 

Our setup: Cisco 9800 WLC 17.3.3

CSCvu26309

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@jczifra wrote:
We are using a Cisco Prime and we can't get any info about the clients joined or anchored to other new WLC. 

Our setup: Cisco 9800 WLC 17.3.3

CSCvu26309

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: