Views
Helpful
Replies

Would TCL script utilise more CPU

sathvik k v
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I want to run TCL scripting from a distribution router to 100's of access router. Want to know of the CPU utilisation of the device would go high and if yes is there any method to control.

Regards,

Sathvik

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not clear on the question.  Are you asking how to monitor the local CPU utilization on the distribution router with EEM?

My question is when the applet or tcl script is executed on the device; would the cpu utilization of the device go high.

I cannot answer this without seeing the code.

foreach VAR {

} { puts [exec "ping $VAR"] }

Rather this was a generic question just wanted to know  during execution of a EEM applet or TCL script would the cpu utilisation of the device increase.

Rehards,

Sathvik

This isn't EEM, it's just Tcl code.  However, the answer to your general question is, yes, the CPU will increase.  You are running new instructions.  The amount of increase will depend on the platform and the code being executed.

yes it was a TCL code just wanted to know regarding CPU. Got my answer thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: