cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8.4 upgrade

Josh Sprang
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning on rolling out 8.4 to all my customers who are currently running 8.2.5. Can anyone provide feedback on 8.4 as to which release is the most stable?

Right now I am leaning towards 8.4.2.

Also if anyone can share with me bad bug experience with 8.3 , like the nat exempt unidirectional bug, that would be helpful.

Thanks much

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jose Pena
Level 1
Level 1

Josh,

I have been upgraded some customers from 8.2(1) to 8.4(3), the only think I can point is:

* When you have a rules where you allow a traffic from specific network/ip, the version 8.4 doesn't translate it well.

* Review all rules one by one.

I did a a 5 customers and the must common problem was missing some rules

That's it.

regards.

View solution in original post

I'm running 8.4.3, 8.4.4 and 8.4.4.1 without bigger problems. Plan some time to clean up the NAT-config after the upgrade. The internal upgrade-script of the ASA produces quite a mess if your NAT-config is more complex then just internet-access.

regards, Karsten

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jose Pena
Level 1
Level 1

Josh,

I have been upgraded some customers from 8.2(1) to 8.4(3), the only think I can point is:

* When you have a rules where you allow a traffic from specific network/ip, the version 8.4 doesn't translate it well.

* Review all rules one by one.

I did a a 5 customers and the must common problem was missing some rules

That's it.

regards.

I'm running 8.4.3, 8.4.4 and 8.4.4.1 without bigger problems. Plan some time to clean up the NAT-config after the upgrade. The internal upgrade-script of the ASA produces quite a mess if your NAT-config is more complex then just internet-access.

regards, Karsten

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card