Views
Helpful
Replies

Activate 3DES on Firepower Threat Defense

a80386dx25iv
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have ASA5506-X with FTD image installed. I connected it to my smart account and now activate 3DES license (PAKs or Tokens->Get Licenses->Crypto,IPSec->Cisco ASA 3DES/AES License->[enter sn]->next).

Then: Add new PAK->[fill PAK, pin]->finish.

Click "Sync" on device web. But whet I try to make Site-to-Site with 3DES I see an error: "Usable cryptography types are currently restricted by the licensing status of the device" How cat I activate it?

How to activate 3DES on FTD without FMC?Screenshot_2019-10-18_12-48-24.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

a80386dx25iv
Level 1
Level 1

To enable 3DES you need open a case in TAC and if they allow useing it you can generate a token with cryptography.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I never ran into this situation. But the licenses that you fulfill in the classic license portal are not known to smart licensing that you need. Try to select the license and convert it to smart licensing.

Edit: And when you have strong encryption enabled, don't use 3DES any more. Use AES instead.

I need 3DES cause we use this encryption =)

a80386dx25iv
Level 1
Level 1

To enable 3DES you need open a case in TAC and if they allow useing it you can generate a token with cryptography.

nichamon
Level 1
Level 1

Can you enable 3DES license on FDM? I have opened the case to TAC but thay can not awnser me as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card