cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow RDP from DMZ to Internal Network Connection

lukedp
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently trying to trouble shooting a connection problem from a RDP server hosted in the DMZ connecting to a exchnage server hosted in the private network.

I have an RDP server sitting in a DMZ on the 172.168.x.x network, when a user tries to connect to the exchnage server on the 10.10.x.x network the connection fails over to OWA connectivity and goes out the dmz on to the internet then back in causing delays. Is there a NAT setting i need to change or is this an exchange setting?

4 Replies 4

ju_mobile
Level 1
Level 1

Luke,

Not sure how your setup but RDP failing over to OWA? or is that a pre-emptive text issue and you mean RPC?

Can you provide more details?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Ju,

The RDP server is sitting in the dmz  (172.168.x.x)

When a user fires up outlook, it tries to connect directly to  our exchange server internally (10.10.x.x) and fails

It then fails over to the OWA connectivity, which means its  popping out the ISP interface then back in – response time because of this  is very slow

ju_mobile
Level 1
Level 1

Luke,

Thanks for the update and excuse my questions around semantics (RDP = Remote Desktop protocol / terminal services). I'm guessing you mean something else and your clients are trying to run outlook. The outlook client is attempting to connect directly and then upon failure reverts to RPC over http and as such your clients are going to the external URL . Is that correct? Or can you provide further detail.

Best Regards

Ju

I belive that is correct

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card