Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow traffic between public and private ip

mohamed sebaey
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have Cisco ASA 5510 , i have one server published to internet with IP 9.9.9.9 which natted to private ip 10.0.0.1 " server private ip" . I  need to open communication by  enable " ping ,and https 'from public IP address 9.9.9.9 to my private ip " 10.0.0.50" where  10.0.0.50 is user ip and it behind  proxy for internet access , so i need to communicate with 9.9.9.9 using my private ip 10.0.0.50.

note : 10.0.0.50 uses proxy to access internet , and its public ip  is 9.9.9.3 .

thanks

7 Replies 7

shijomon scaria
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Below is what I understand, correct me if I am wrong.

You have a server with private IP 10.0.0.1 which is published to internet with ip 9.9.9.9

You want to access the services from the published server using public IP from IP 10.0.0.50 and has internet access through a proxy server.

Question. - Are these IPs 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.50 shares the same internet link ? Or the proxy server has a different internet link ??

Regards,

Shijo.

Hello

Yes , that is my goal . I need to access 9.9.9.9 by my ip lan ip 10.0.0.50 . For your question , u are correct they share same internet ISP . 

Hi,

OK, so NAT Loop back is your option.

Do the below.

static (inside,inside) 9.9.9.9 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0

This will make the public IP available in LAN also.

I assume that there must be 'static (inside,outside)' statement and an ACL permitting traffic on the public IP on required ports from outside.

Rate if you find this helpful

Regards,

Shijo.

thanks  for your help ,, but i tested that already before without no luck. Could u share with me any other ideas?.

Hi,

It should work, I have the same scenario. Please share your configuration.

Regards,

Shijo.

Ok i will share , is there any ACL required?.

thanks

Hi,

Do you have an ACL configured to allow traffic from outside to inside on the required ports, applied on outside interface in 'in' direction ??

Regards,

Shijo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: