cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Am I in over my head......

toddyboman
Level 1
Level 1

I have read a ton of stuff on this forum....WOW....great work by everyone contributing...

My initial question is how should I go about learning/familiarizing myself on how to properly configure cisco products?

Here is what I want to do with what I have.

I have a one asa 5510 and three asa 5505.  The goal is to have the asa 5510 at our main office then the 5505 at each remote office.  Then establish a vpn connection to the server at the main office.

I HAVE ZERO cisco experience.....and only know the basics in network.  So am I way in over my head or can make this happen????

So far I have bridged my isp provided modem to my asa 5510.  On the asa 5510 I have established my outside and inside interfaces.  But I have not been able to establish a simple internet connection thru the asa 5510.....

Any help and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

31 Replies 31

yup I think I am going to nuke my current configs and start over.....

I however will keep this thread going......so please check back to help me as I go...

Here is what I want to set up.....

It appears my isp provided dsl modem is set up as a dhcp.  I CAN disable this.  SO question 1.....should I?

internet...........isp provided/dsl modem-------->asa outside interface

asa inside interface and asa mgmt interface----->internal switch-------> pc

after I have the new setup goin......what is the best method of testing my internet connections......simple pulling IE up?

I will post my config file after have it set.....

Thanks again!!

let it be the dhcp for now

and yeah the best way would be pull up a IE pageor pings if you have inspect icmp as mentioned in my first post

i think setting it to factory default will make asa pull up ip from dhcp

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card