cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect disconnects network connection at when I connect to the client

jf1134
Level 1
Level 1

I just setup a new ASAv in Azure and was testing AnyConnect. I can login find but once the connection is established, it disconnects my network connection. I thought maybe it was just my computer so I had someone else try it and the same thing happened.. Is there something on the ASA that would be causing that to happen?

I have another physical appliance in the office and connected to that one without any issues so I would assume it's something on the ASAv

5 Replies 5

@jf1134 Do you mean you cannot access your local network? If so then you are probably running a full VPN tunnel to the ASAv in Azure, so you'd not be able to access your local network. If your other VPN allows you to access the local network, then it is probably setup for split-tunnel, tunneling on the defined networks over the VPN.

Here is an example split tunnel configuration if required.

HTH

So when I connect to AnyConnect it actually disconnects my network so nothing is accessible anymore until I disconnect the client, the network connection comes back. Like I can't get to the internet or anything.

Yes, because all traffic is probably tunnelled over the VPN to Azure.

I have split tunnel setup so anything that is not defined goes out to 0.0.0.0.

I completely lose my network connection to everything. Meaning the icon in the lower right, turns to the globe looking thing. It would be the same as if I pulled my network cable out.

To tunnel all traffic but still allow access to the local LAN that the PC is connected to you can do this by using the split-tunnel-policy excludespecified command as follows:

access-list Local_LAN_Access standard permit host 0.0.0.0

group-policy TEST internal

group-policy TEST attributes 

split-tunnel-policy excludespecified

split-tunnel-network-list value Local_LAN_Access

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card