cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

app-agent heartbeat is not in ASA 9.18

Peter Beshay
Level 1
Level 1

After I upgrade to ASA 9.18, the command app-agent heartbeat interval 1000 retry-count 3
I am using Cisco CSM (4.22 SP1) to deploy policies and it is stuck getting an error:

app-agent heartbeat interval 1000 retry-count 3
^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Not sure what to do

3 Replies 3

csco10843343
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have also upgraded to 9.18.4.34 on a Firepower 4100 and now I get following message during the Deployment with the CSM 4.24:

The device provided the following description: CSM_MANAGEMENT_CRED_username XXXXXX password ****** encrypted privilege 1
app-agent heartbeat interval 1000 retry-count 3

Have you already find a solution?

br,

gernot

Hello,

I am getting this error also. have anyone figured out how to solve this.

We had to reinstall CSM 4.26 because the database got corrupted. Ever since, we are getting this error.

I've tried deleting the entry under Device View->Platform->Device Admin->App Agent, to no success. Deleting the entries returns when I try to submit the change.

I will continue to see if I can delete this entry. If not, I will have to relie on a TAC Case to solve this.

Jasper Freeman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have found a solution to this problem with CSM 4.26.

In CSM goto the Tools Menu and select Security Manager Administration. Then select Policy Management followed by Firewall -> Platform -> Device Admin. Remove the check mark by App Agent, save and then deploy.

I hope this help you too.

Regards,

Jasper

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card