Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 formatted disk - HELP

thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

My background is Wintel servers, but thought I should get to grips with some Cisco networking so brought a second hand ASA 5505 from eBay for home to play with. When it arrived the previous config had not been cleaned down and there was a password set.

I had a look online and got some instructions on entering ROMMON to erase the config. Unfortunatly I didn't really know what I was doing and erased the disk by running the command 'erase all' thinking the firware was in ROM and the config would be stored on the disk.

As a result, I now have a nice door stop!!! I'm able to boot into ROMMON and have found instructions to restore the ROM from a TFTP server which I've set up, though I cannot download the required firmware from Cisco as I don't have a support contract.

Any advice on how I could get this back up and running would be really really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Thomas

1 Reply 1

prateeve
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The only way is to download the image and upload it through tftp from ROMMON. There is no other way to get it back up.

- Prateek Verma

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card