cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5506-X NAT in Packet Tracer

Davros
Level 1
Level 1

I have found a bug in Cisco Packet Tracer with the ASA 5506-X not being able to perform NAT using;

object network vlan10 (example vlan name)
subnet 10.1.10.0 255.255.255.192
nat (inside,outside) dynamic interface

To resolve the issue of addresses not being translated simply replace the "nat (inside,outside) dynamic interface" command with a static. Example "nat (inside,outside) static 172.16.0.3" and then attempt to ping outside network from the internal network host. Then go back and replace the static statement with the dynamic interface again "nat (inside,outside) dynamic interface" and try to ping the external network once more.

Can someone please send me a link of where to report this on Netacad?

4 Replies 4

Davros
Level 1
Level 1

I'm uploading a .pkt file and .txt file for instruction on how to reproduce this bug.
I have reported it to the packet tracer bug support system.

If anyone can give me any help, it would be most appriciated. Thank you!

ccieexpert
Spotlight
Spotlight

from the packet tracker tool

If you experience an error with the Packet Tracer application not working correctly, you can report it through the built-in reporting tool. This reporting tool can be accessed by taking the following steps after launching and logging in to Packet Tracer:

1. Click “Help”
2. Click “Report an Issue” (a “Defect Reporting” page will open in your default browser)

Thanks! I have Reported this bug through the packet tracer bug reporting link. Uploaded a .pkt file and instructions on how to reproduce the bug.

Excellent..

**Please mark as helpful if the post was helpful and as solution **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card