cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5508-X ROMMON 1.1.8 fails after upgrade to FTD 6.3.0.3

FE428
Level 1
Level 1

As a warning, after upgrade from 6.2.x to 6.3.0.3 of the FTD image, the ROMMON is upgraded to 1.1.8 and it will fail. This will require a replacement hardware from Cisco under the SLA.

Rom image verified correctly

Cisco Systems ROMMON, Version 1.1.8, RELEASE SOFTWARE
Copyright (c) 1994-2015 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Thu 06/18/2015 12:15:56.43 by builders

%ERROR - Read failure - Device @ 0x50, offset 0x00 on I2C bus 0x00
Current image running: Boot ROM0
Last reset cause: LocalSoft

%ERROR - Read failure - Device @ 0x50, offset 0x00 on I2C bus 0x00DIMM Slot 0 : Present
DIMM Slot 1 : Present

Platform UNKNOWN with 8192 Mbytes of main memory

%ERROR - Read failure - Device @ 0x50, offset 0x00 on I2C bus 0x00Error: platform_required_check_var: Illegal MAC address.
MAC address is not set (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff).

Use BREAK or ESC to interrupt boot.
Use SPACE to begin boot immediately.

Located '.boot_string' @ cluster 360637.

#
Attempt autoboot: "boot disk0:"
Located 'os.img' @ cluster 323775.

#####################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################
LFBFF signature verified.

%ERROR - Read failure - Device @ 0x50, offset 0x00 on I2C bus 0x00No kernel found to launch.
Located '.boot_string' @ cluster 360637.

Located 'install.log' @ cluster 267231.

#
Located 'backup-config.cfg' @ cluster 360368.

Located 'startup-config' @ cluster 360371.

#
Located 'modified-config.cfg' @ cluster 360374.

boot: cannot determine first file name on device "disk0:/"
autoboot: All boot attempts have failed.
autoboot: Restarting the system.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

%ERROR - Read failure - Device @ 0x50, offset 0x00 on I2C bus 0x00DIMM Slot 0 : Present

Seems like something went wrong here..raise an TAC for RMA.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Seems like something went wrong here..raise an TAC for RMA.

BB

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you try upgrading the rommon separately to the current release (1.1.15)?

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286285773/type/286287669/release/1.1.15

I called TAC and they shipped a new router. It's not possible to upgrade AFAIK when it is in that state.

Glad you getting new RMA, time for fresh install and move the config in to kit.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card