Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 - Firmware

sahrizal123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have cisco ASA 5510 and plan to upgrade to suitable version.

Kindly advice the correct version of ASA & ASDM.

What is the end of life suppport for hardware & firmware.

Device type : ASA 5510
ASA version : 8.0(5)25
ASDM version : 6.4(1)

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi sahrizal123,

Yes that will work, i will think about moving to the latest version of ASDM as well but if you want to stay on version 6.4.3 that will work as well.

Correct the 8.2 is still under support.

Hope this info helps!!

Rate if helps you!! 

-JP-

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

JP Miranda Z
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi sahrizal123,

This link includes the EOL and EOS info:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/eol_C51-727283.html

About the recommended version this depends completely of what you are trying to do with the upgrade, if you are hitting a bug or is just an upgrade for a vulnerability.

So if you go to cisco.com and check the software options for your 5510 you will be able to see the suggested versions:

9.1.7.x

8.4.7.x

Upgrade Path

So you can check the release notes of each of them to find out which works fine for you environment. Keep in mind 9.1.7 and 8.4.7 are going to change the syntax of some of the commands you currently have on 8.0, meaning some of the config need to be migrated to the new syntax. 

Table 6 ASA and ASDM Compatibility: Legacy Models

If you would like to keep the same syntax you can upgrade to 8.2.5.59.

About the ASDM this will work with the latest, you can check the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html#pgfId-226294

Hope this info helps!!

Rate if helps you!! 

-JP-

Thank you JP Miranda,

If i plan to upgrade as below ( keep the same syntax ).

ASA version : 8.2.5(59)
ASDM version : 6.4(3)

is it ok ? Because right now no issue with the ASA only want to upgrade for avoid vulnerability :)

Cisco TAC still support for software suggested above ?

Hi sahrizal123,

Yes that will work, i will think about moving to the latest version of ASDM as well but if you want to stay on version 6.4.3 that will work as well.

Correct the 8.2 is still under support.

Hope this info helps!!

Rate if helps you!! 

-JP-

Zak1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you please confirm if the ASA5510 is still a supported Cisco product? What are the vulnerbilities of this product? Is it near / end of life? What are the newer models in this product range?

(I have a customer using this and not sure if I should recommend an upgrade or not?)

Thanks

Zak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: