Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5512-X HA License Sharing

Ayhan Guec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i plan to replace 2 old ASA 5510 with ASA 5512-X in active/standby configuration.

I think i need to purchase 2 x ASA5512-SEC-PL license to achieve active/standby configuration?

Further there is the need for 100 Anyconnect Premium licenses (L-ASA-SSL-100) and the AnyConnect Mobile License (L-ASA-AC-M-5512) .

After ASA version 8.3 they should share the 100 Anyconnect Premium peers and the mobile license. Is my assumption correct?
So if Primary ASA goes down for whatever reason, the secondary takes over and i still have the 100 Anyconnect Peers and the mobile license?

So it would be O.K. to order:

2 x ASA5512 hardware with base license

2 x ASA5512 SEC-PL license

1 x L-ASA-SSL-100

1 x L-ASA-AC-M-5512

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes , you understanding is correct.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes , you understanding is correct.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Hi Vibhor,

thank you for your comment.
I have been informed that Premium and Mobile licenses are approaching EoS of 29 November 2015. I should also check Anyconnect Apex licensing before i order this :)

Wish you a nice day

Ayhan

Yes - AnyConnect Apex will be a better choice. That will include the Mobile feature set. It is term based though - you will have to renew it when your term (1, 3 or 5 years) expires.

You should also consider the ASA 5516-X. It's a refreshed hardware platform with higher performance, especially if you decide to run the FirePOWER services module.

Hi Marvin,

thanks for the advice. I also think that 5516 or 5515 would be a better option as there is no need to buy the sec-plus license for HA purposes and you will get better Hardware at almost same price.

But as usual i have to convice my interlocutor :)

Best Regards

Ayhan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card