cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5525 - Software Upgrade Failed via ASDM and FTP

yuchen.liu1025
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to upgrade ASA 5525 via ASDM from 9.8 (asa982-smp-k8) to 9.12 (asa9-12-3-12-smp-k8) that was directly downloaded from Cisco website, unfortunately it keeps failing and i get this error message "Error writing request body to server" as below and it says "failed verification, reason signature invalid" on Syslog. I did try upgrading with different versions (from old ones to the latest one 9.12.4) but no luck and same error; however, ASDM version was successfully upgraded from 7.8 to 7.12 using ASDM.

Any help would be appreciated. Please advice, thank you!

172.21.144.111 2020-08-07 22-57-50.png

4 Replies 4

Hi,
If the signature is invalid, perhaps the image file was corrupted. Re-download the "asa9-12-3-12-smp-k8.bin" file the cisco website and attempt to uploaded again.

HTH

Thanks for your reply. i did try again but still same error. seems like now i am now not able to upgrade to any versions :(  

however, a few days ago, i was upgrading another ASA 5525 using the same way from 9.8 (asa982-smp-k8) to 9.12 (asa9-12-3-12-smp-k8), and it was successfully upgraded. is there anything else that might cause this software update failed (uploading failed)? like config or license? Thanks.

yuchen.liu1025
Level 1
Level 1
I am still struggling on with this issue :( Any idea or help would be appreciated!

Three is a possibility that the storage device on the problem ASA is bad. If you have verified the file hash and continue to have the problem then I would suggest opening a TAC case. TAC can confirm if it is a hardware issue and issue and RMA for a new device in that case.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card