Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5545X Port Channel Config for Outside Interface

TW80CJ5
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All...

I am trying to configure a 5545X ASA to use Interface 0/0 and 0/1 on port-channel 1

I am using ASA Interfaces 0/2-0/5 in port-channel 2 with my various networks in subinterfaces.(with matching vlans) on the port-channel 2.

I have my ip address applied to the Po1 : 192.168.90.90 /24 All of my interfaces are up. I am unable to ping my default gateway, 192.168.90.1 /24 from my asa or vice versa.

So I guess my question is do I have to put matching vlans and subinterfaces from Po2 on my Po1 (outside) interface?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Other Port-channel also L3 Port-channel ? can you share switch side and ASA configuration, please.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Other Port-channel also L3 Port-channel ? can you share switch side and ASA configuration, please.

BB

BB,

Thanks for the prompt reply. As soon as you said l3 port-channel, it dawned on me maybe i left the switch interfaces as a trunk. Sure enough. I changed them to access ports and have ping communication from my outside ASA to the Switch and other devices on the switch!!!

FYI...this is a lab configuration so we are testing things out. 

Thanks for the help!!!

Glad all good, happy learning in Lab. love explore more options when we get opportunity before put them in Live.

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card