cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5585 X with module SSP-40

migvzla3011
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, I need help with this issue, I have an ASA 5585 X with a module SSP-40 already installed.  and the idea is to activate it (SSP-40 for firepower services) and additionally add the licenses AVC, AMP, filter URL, and IPS, I need to know if I need additional hardware or module, or another special software, for management purposes I believe that I need FMC, another important thing is that currently, the ASA is active and in HA because are two ASAs 5585X, so I guess only need to buy licenses for AVC, AMP, filter URL and IPS and FMC virtual, or what other things I would need????WhatsApp Image 2018-03-13 at 3.18.02 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-03-13 at 2.30.48 PM.jpeg

1 Reply 1

Bogdan Nita
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It looks you have the old SSP module.
IPS functionality in a 5585-X is provided by a FirePOWER module that needs to be inserted in the top slot - PID: "ASA-SSP-SFR40-K9=".

You would also need FirePOWER Management Center running on a different hardware in order to configure the Firepower module.
I believe you can also do it via ASDM if you want, but it is not recommended for 5585X.

Licenses need to be bought for every module, so for a failover pair you would need 2 licenses.

HTH

Bogdan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card