Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5585-X with SSP-60

ngtransge
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am interesting how ASA 5585-X with SSP-60 operates in dual firewall mode, if I install two SSP-60 modules in chassi, do I get one logical firewall with

doubled performance of (SSP-60) ?

2 Replies 2

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The release notes for 8.4(2) should have what you're looking for:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/release/notes/asarn84.html#wp535067

"For SSP-40 and SSP-60, you can use two SSPs of the same level in the same chassis. Mixed-level SSPs are not supported (for example, an SSP-40 with an SSP-60 is not supported). Each SSP acts as an independent device, with separate configurations and management. You can use the two SSPs as a failover pair if desired.

Note When using two SSPs in the chassis, VPN is not supported; note, however, that VPN has not been disabled."

-Mike

This is great info. I am also planning to install two SSP-60 on single chassis with HA configuration. Hope both module work independently and they don't relay on each other. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: