cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA+FirePower Bundle - policies not getting applied - Interface 'DataPlaneInterface0' is not receiving any packets.

Eby Mani
Level 1
Level 1

I'm evaluating ASA5500-X with FirePower bundle with Eval licenses.

I'm facing 2 issues with FSMC,

1, FSMC show 2 critical health errors for SFR & Sourcefire3D related to time synchronisation. - Module Time Sync is out.

2, Nothing is displayed in "Connection Status" and policies are not getting applied. However the top Applications & Operating Systems are displayed in Dashboard !!!!.

on ASA i've tried with the following and monitor-only modes.

policy-map global_policy
 class class-default
  sfr fail-open

on FSMC, Zones are configured. And called in Access Control Policy.

FSMC Health Monitor says:

SFR
Module Time Synchronization: "device" is out-of-sync.
Module Traffic status: Interface 'DataPlaneInterface0' is not receiving any packets.

Strange thing is on the ASA,

internal-Control0/0, Internal-Data0/0, Internal-Data0/1, Internal-Data0/2 interfaces and line protocols are up and sending/receiving packets with no errors or drops !!!.

Does the inside zone need to be on interface other than g0/0 or the interface names(ASA & FSMC) should match ?.

Thanks.

17 Replies 17

Hi everyone!

when I try convert from route mode to firewall transparent mode, I can show traffic but still error witch "show service-policy sfr" command:

show service-policy sfr

Service-policy: global_policy
Class-map: sfr
SFR: card status Up, mode fail-open monitor-only
packet input 0, packet output 0, drop 0, reset-drop

normal packet input 0 or packet output 0 not is zero

Everyone can tell me why and how can solved it?

I should using firewall transparent mode or route mode?

Thankyou very much!

jai_chandra2001
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similiar problem too..in Active/Standby deployment, the secondary ASA's SFR module is throwing the same error.

"Interface 'DataPlaneInterface0' is not receiving any packets"

I have all licenses installed and it was working until a week ago(upgrade to 5.4 recently)

In ASA HA deployment A/S, standby unit does not see traffic by default, that is why you are getting that DPI0 error.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card