Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA-IPS auto update Cisco.com

Chin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone, 

Need some help from expert who familiar with ASA-IPS. 

Currently i have implemented ASA-IPS. I have set that the IPS address as my management ip range. But somehow, i found that my management ip range are not permitted to internet. 

Is that possible I change my IPS's ip address to other ip range which can access internet and during the ip address change, will the IPS will trigger downtime?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johflore
Level 1
Level 1

Tppsupport,

What ASA model do you have? is that IPS software based? Check out who's default gateway of IPS and if is it firewall check out about NAT. " will the IPS will trigger downtime?" No. In failover scenario will trigger failover in case IPS becomes "unresponsive" or down from backplane's perspective. So configuration changes will not trigger failover just if reload is necessary.

Johan.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

johflore
Level 1
Level 1

Tppsupport,

What ASA model do you have? is that IPS software based? Check out who's default gateway of IPS and if is it firewall check out about NAT. " will the IPS will trigger downtime?" No. In failover scenario will trigger failover in case IPS becomes "unresponsive" or down from backplane's perspective. So configuration changes will not trigger failover just if reload is necessary.

Johan.

Hi Johflore, 

Yes, I found was the routing and gateway issue. After put the correct route and gateway. it able to connect to internet and update the IPS signature. 

Thanks

Tommy

Tommy,

Thanks for reply and great news to know issue is resolved. 

It was a pleasure.

Johan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card