cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Monitoring Connection, Disconnected in ASDM

dguse
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 5520 ASA running 8.2(1) and ASDM 6.2(1). The ASA has been running for 223 days without issue. Today it stopped showing real time status on the Device Dashboard from within ASDM. All of the graphs state "Lost connection to Firewall."

I try to manually reconnect but it will not. I have tried on a couple different computers and cannot get the monitoring connection to work.

It is a very busy firewall and I will have to schedule for a restart (which I was thinking of doing) even though I do not see a memory issue as per snip below. I don't want to restart unless it is the best option.

GW#  sh mem
Free memory:      1816431640 bytes (85%)
Used memory:       331052008 bytes (15%)
-------------     ----------------
Total memory:     2147483648 bytes (100%)

Has anyone seen this before?

Thank you,

Darren

16 Replies 16

Realizing this is a little old, I thought I'd dip my oar in.  I was seeing the same thing, with all the ASDM functions working *except* the statistics.

It finally dawned on me that I was getting repeated warnings about the certificate.  It turned out that the problem was being caused by a proxy server between me and the ASA, with the proxy doing SSL deep inspection.

I bypassed the proxy and the stats came right up.

jharris_com
Level 1
Level 1

Check to see that on your network you do NOT have a host using the external or interface IP address you have set to the inside or outside of the Firewall.  That will surely cause issues Exactly what you see here.  I had the same issue where a wireless node was using the same IP of the outside interface but did not release the IP.  I fixed that and no more ASDM issues.  This is basic networking and not so much an ASDM issue.  While Im not saying the problem for ASDM dropping connection is a duplicate IP address for you it will in fact drop if you have a duplicate.  Just something to check that I experienced for myself.

J.Harris, - Frozen in the Minneapolis Tundra,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card