cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA need the license for site to site VPN ?

MrBeginner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

i just want to know ASA and Firepower are need the security license to do site to site vpn ?

I noticed cisco router need the security license for VPN.

Fortigate Firewall don't need the license for site to site VPN.Juniper also don't need.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All current ASA (ASAv and ASA image on Firepower appliance) support site-to-site IPsec VPNs subject to the hardware (or VM) limitations with the FREE base license. The same applies to FTD.

ASA 5505 (and other ASA hardware including 5506-X etc.) are all past end of sales.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Cisco require for license in almost everything 

Cisco ASA 5505 Unlimited-User Security Plus Bundle; includes 8-port Fast Ethernet switch, 25 IPsec VPN peers, 2Premium VPN peers, DMZ, stateless Active/Standby high availability, 3DES/AES license

ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9

you dont need specific license for site-to-site IPSec in ASA. maximum tunnel count is depend on hardware model. you can find it on relevant datasheet. also if you are concern about anyconnect peers, you need sperate license for that.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All current ASA (ASAv and ASA image on Firepower appliance) support site-to-site IPsec VPNs subject to the hardware (or VM) limitations with the FREE base license. The same applies to FTD.

ASA 5505 (and other ASA hardware including 5506-X etc.) are all past end of sales.

Hi Marvin

If I need a vpn site to site with IKEv2, AES256, DH14, SHA256, ESP. Is it possible with a ASA5508 free bases? Need Bundle K9? or what license I need?

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

K9 is required for strong encryption (or can be later added via the free 3DES-AES license). It is allowed for all but the few US-export-controlled countries (North Korea, Libya etc.).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card