Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA-SSM-10 Troubleshooting

rsandhu86
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Could someone kindly help me with troubleshooting an issue with the ASA-SSM-10 module.

The issue is that the module is showing as critical in application and bypass mode.

This is the current output of the show health command.

IPS-Module# show health
Overall Health Status                                               Red
Health Status for Failed Applications                         Red
Health Status for Signature Updates                          Green
Health Status for License Key Expiration                    Green
Health Status for Running in Bypass Mode                  Red
Health Status for Interfaces Being Down                      Green
Health Status for the Inspection Load                          Green
Health Status for the Time Since Last Event Retrieval   Not Enabled
Health Status for the Number of Missed Packets          Green
Health Status for the Memory Usage                           Not Enabled
Health Status for Global Correlation                            Green
Health Status for Network Participation                       Not Enabled

Security Status for Virtual Sensor vs0                         Green

Thanks,

Raj Sandhu

5 Replies 5

JonPBerbee
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this happen occasionally with a signature update.  Have you tried rebooting the sensor to clear the issue?  This has worked for us in the past.

Hi Jon,

According to Cisco, it looks like we have hit a bug.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCty05171

We will carry out an upgrade and monitor status.

Thanks,

Raj Sandhu

Interesting, thanks for the update.  I'll have to make sure we don't make those edits on our sensors.

Jon.

Hello,

I had this exact same problem on my SSM-10 modules.  I was running 7.0(7)E4 code.  After the auto sig update to S669, when the ASA was configured to send any traffic to the SSM module, the application would fail.  I can confirm that for me, an update to 7.0(8) fixexd the problem, per the bug reported by Raj.

Just wanted to chime in because I was googling around for the same problem!

stasvm177
Level 1
Level 1

Has there been any answer to this issue?  I have the exact same problem with an ASA-SSM-10 running on the standby unit of a failover pair.  I was on 7.0(6)E4 when it first manifested. Through several module resets and module reloads, it would not upgrade to 7.0(8)E4.  I have since manually restored it to 7.1.6(E4).  It has not successfully applied signature updates since the problem first appeared.  I have tried automatically and manually to apply signatures.  Neither works.  It does successfully download the updates; just won't apply them.  Is there a timeout setting. 

Thanks for any assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card