Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA to FTD 1140 migration

Arun2022
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Members,

I am trying to migrate 2 standalone ASA 5525-x on 9.12(2)9 to firepower 1140 FTD 6.4. We don not have the ability to setup an FMC in the environment. Are there any alternative options to migrate the configuration without the migration tool since, the migration tool requires an FMC to migrate the configuration.

Any guidance is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need a CDO tenant to migrate to locally managed FTD. You can get a trial license and then revert to purely local management (FDM) after migrating.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

UdupiKrishna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/firewalls/firepower-migration-tool.html - Does specifically state that you can also migrate from ASA to locally managed FTD and not just with FMC managed FTD appliances

Continued support in Firewall Migration Tool

Key features

• Network, service, time range, and fully qualified domain name (FQDN) objects and groups
  • Access rules, Cisco Security Manager object grouping, wildcard masks
  • NAT (Network Address Translation), static routes, IPv6
  • Physical interface, port channels
  • Bridge groups (transparent only)

Supported target and source configurations

Migration to Firewall Management Center (FMC)-managed FTD from:

• Cisco ASA
  • Check Point R75 to R77, R80
  • Palo Alto Networks
  • Fortinet

Migration to Cisco Defense Orchestrator / locally managed FTD from:

• Cisco ASA

Thank you for your response krishna, I did try running the tool however the connection to FMC is mandatory.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need a CDO tenant to migrate to locally managed FTD. You can get a trial license and then revert to purely local management (FDM) after migrating.

Thanks Marvin, I will try this method and see how it goes.

Arun2022
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , I setup a temporary FMC in the cloud so, that we can use the migration tool to move from ASA to FTD. After moving the configuration we are unable to switch back to local management. It basically wipes out the configuration of the FTD. I tried obtaining a CDO trial license however, so far didn't receive any feedback from Cisco. Any thoughts on how I can migrate the configuration under these circumstances?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card