Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating AnyConnect Packages in ASA

Hello @balaji.bandi  @Rob Ingram 

I am planning to update AnyConnect Packages on ASA and have a few questions.

Do I need to reboot the firewall to make the new package in effect?  

Also, will the clients update when they reconnect to VPN, or ASA will disconnect and start updating them right away?

Anything else I should be verifying before updating these packages?

Thanks,

Lovejit Singh

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@LovejitSingh130013 no you don't need to reboot the firewall, you need to upload the anyconnect package.

The client will automatically upgrade upon connecting to the VPN, this is assuming you've not configured the clients to bypass the downloader in the anyconnect profile. The clients won't be disconnected when you upload the package.

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as @Rob Ingram mentioned, its just upload new version, the client will download automatically

if this is corporate build in AD environment, you can also push from SCCM

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The advice others already provided is correct.

I would add that upgrades to an existing AnyConnect installation do not require local administrator privileges on Windows computers.

4 Replies 4

@LovejitSingh130013 no you don't need to reboot the firewall, you need to upload the anyconnect package.

The client will automatically upgrade upon connecting to the VPN, this is assuming you've not configured the clients to bypass the downloader in the anyconnect profile. The clients won't be disconnected when you upload the package.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as @Rob Ingram mentioned, its just upload new version, the client will download automatically

if this is corporate build in AD environment, you can also push from SCCM

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

SinghRaminder
Level 1
Level 1

I believe you also need to move them higher in order as well

Suppose you have Verison 4.9 and 4.10 and you want users to connect and get 4.10 now, you need to move the 4.10 version higher under Configuration>RemoteAccess VPN>NetworkClient Access>Anyconenct Client Software

and make sure latest is on the top.

Also, as Rob mentioned, you need to make sure if you have profile that does not allow it, or sometimes in organization users do not have privileges to install software, that will be a problem then

Thanks
Raminder
PS: If this answered your question, please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The advice others already provided is correct.

I would add that upgrades to an existing AnyConnect installation do not require local administrator privileges on Windows computers.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card