Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA with AIP SSM-20

estelamathew
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a standby firewall which is not connected in live network as if now only Primary ASA is live,i have just installed once secondary ASA for failover testing and it working fine,

Question

As if now the secondary firewall is out of network (on my office desk) whatever i configure on secondary firewall and AIP-SSM20,will it be replicated to primary firewall once i connect to live network.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the secondary when it comes up it will try to contact and active mate and if the primary is configured for failover then the secondary will go standby and will copy the config from the primary that is active.

As for the AIP, that config is not replicated, each AIP has its own config and the ASA failover does not interfere with it.

I hope it helps.

PK

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the secondary when it comes up it will try to contact and active mate and if the primary is configured for failover then the secondary will go standby and will copy the config from the primary that is active.

As for the AIP, that config is not replicated, each AIP has its own config and the ASA failover does not interfere with it.

I hope it helps.

PK

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card