Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi folksI got a question today that left we thinking and no answer.Can I, on an IPS 7.x, create a rule that compares data in a HTTP flow?Example: User send a login request in clear text but the server responds with a different account. A custom packe...

Hi halijenn / pkampana / allWe are having ASA 8.0(5) .The issue is that there is a Web filtering appliance that is in  inside interface (sec-level 100), IP 172.16.10.24 and the user is on DMZ interface (sec-level 50) , IP 172.16.14.6. The appliance h...

Hi,I have a standby firewall which is not connected in live network as if now only Primary ASA is live,i have just installed once secondary ASA for failover testing and it working fine,QuestionAs if now the secondary firewall is out of network (on my...

Hello:I am replacing my PIX with a new ASA.  I decided to upgrade the IOS to the latest version 8.3.  NAT was one of the things which was completely redesigned.  On my old PIX I had the below command.  This allowed hosts on my private network to acce...

HMidkiff by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,Our audit team has identified som vulnerbilities, which i am not able to understand.. need help if their queries are correct and these unwanted services can be blocked on ASA.Queries:The presence of the URI 'cart32.exe' has been discovered o...

Hello:I am redesigning my ACL's.  I have a dumb question for the "outside_access_in" ACL.  This ACL controls traffic from the outside in.  Servers which are in my DMZ are on a private range and the ASA is doing a static NAT for them.  As I create the...

HMidkiff by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! firewall rule

Please help me understand the asterix (*) symbol seen in below rule (highlighted) besides the hitcnt keyword.access-list server_input_in line 34 extended permit tcp host 192.168.100.1 host 192.168.300.4 eq ssh (hitcnt=*)Hitcnt should show certain num...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! firewall nat

Hi,Is it possible to do nat on firewall with nat on udp ports. if there are certain servers running service on udp port , will external access work ifwe configure nat for udp access.Thanks!

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card