cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505

4johnny67
Level 1
Level 1

I was successful with config factory default and write mem.  I then gain access to ASDM.  However, If I reboot the 5505, I cannot regain access to the 5505 without doing another factory default reset.   I do not change any settings in the ASDM before the reboot.  I cannot even ping 192.168.1.1 after the reboot.  

Why is this happening?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Johnny , 

Make sure the configuration register is set to 0x1 ( show version) can confirm what's is the current config register. Also check if the write memory command shows any error on the ASA console once it is applied. 

Hope it helps. 

-Randy-

after factory restore and write mem, the configuration register is 0x41.  I do not see any errors in ASDM log when performing write mem.  However, after the reload, all connectivity is lost.

Thanks

After the reload you lose access, can you do a console connection to ASA and check if it accessible. Also check the config via console at the time of the issue.

Share your findings.

Thanks,

R.Seth

Yes, I still have console access, I never lose console access.  However, after the reboot I cannot get into ASDM again or even ping 192.168.1.1.  I have to perform another factory reset and write mem to gain access to the ASDM again.

once I reset the configuration register back to 0x1 (config-register 0x1), the ASDM loads properly now after a reloadthe configuration register was set to 0x41 which tells the ASA to boot without loading the startup config.

Thanks for the help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card