cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5506W-X boot files

Myleslandish
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I’m not at all familiar with any of the intricacies in any way and really am just requesting a simple version answer for this please. I just want to know which asa image file I need to use and what adsm image to use in order for the firepower module to work right and load correctly on the ASDM. I’ve had it a few times but I have 3 different asa5506 devices and it’s made keeping the boot image files straight in my head absolutely impossible and I don’t understand how to find out even reading and searching EVERYTHING online. I have the files on one or all of these firewalls, and I just want the ASDM to load and be able to configure the firepower configurations. Idc if it’s the latest or the hottest or who’s endorsed it while drinking sprite. I’m sorry. I’m not meaning to seem rude. I just don’t know how to get an answer to this after reading all the insanity of numbers and versions on and on and on. It’s a 5506W with firepower V06. If there’s any other info needed to help someone to answer this please let me know. Thank you in advance. 

6 Replies 6

Myleslandish
Level 1
Level 1

Here’s is the label on the back

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per the information you have provided : you can download available code 9.16.4

• ASA 9.16(x) was the final version for the ASA 5506-X, 5506H-X, 5506W-X, 5508-X, and 5516-X.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286283326/type/280775065/release/9.16.4

check the ASA and ASDM matrix : ( you can use ASDM 7.18(1.1.52)  - below document covers that matrix.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html

for SFR you can use below image :

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286283326/type/286277393/release/6.2.3.18

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Cool. So just all the same information that’s all over the internet that’s become absolutely impossible to navigate and search the last 10+ years. Not with any precision I mean. Idk if you’re gonna admit to this bc u seem to be taking a really odd but strangely common approach and attitude towards someone who’s just trying their best to do something completely out of their area of expertise. I’m asking the people in the know for some “human-like” help on a human forum to get information I’m not able to find online and idk if it was intended or not and if not I apologize. But I saw all those charts and scoured the forums and and and read all the data sets that say nothing to the layman just trying to get their device working. They just add more confusion. That’s why I added a photo of the device and it’s specific model/version date of manufacture; so I could just be told what two files would work bc I have them and they’ve just become jumbled up in all three 5506’s while trying to figure them out. I thought if I gave enough information I could be told the lmnop-43225-fkmerunning.SPA and the qrstuv-54321.bin both in combination would bc that’s what it was originally configured with when it was manufactured. Something like that. Sorry again. These things are not easy for someone who can barely maintain their home Wi-Fi and I’m just asking for help I can’t get on the internet now bc the way they’ve changed search engines to work. Thank u anyways. Again. Balaji

Long story short - Let me be honest i was not sure what you looking here (we hear you and read your content here) - but bottom line every one time is valuable. as a community we are here to help each other - that means you configure and try the steps given or suggested links help you how to do spoon feeding, then if you stuck any where you come with errors or failing anything, so we can look and suggest as best convenient time.

This is technical community we expect as end user to put their efforts and resolve their own issue, if that is not the case, there is Paid support Cisco TAC can help you if you have contract or some Local partner can help as PS services.

I just want to know which asa image file I need to use and what adsm image to use in order for the firepower module to work right and load correctly on the ASDM

The model screenshot you posted i have answered what version to use for that hardware and where do download the files, what is stopping you here ?  do you stuck any where ? have you tried to read that links ?

These things are not easy for someone who can barely maintain their home Wi-Fi 

Understand - i do not see any difficulties any where, all the people are come from no knowledge - but reading documents and steps are key steps for learning and fixing, end you are the one who manages this devices, not any of the community member.

Is there more data that I could give that’d help?

have you tried any of the steps and document provided ? - where do you stuck ?  what is not helping here ?

help community so community help you.

Last my suggestion : - its all what version of code you running, what code version you looking to upgrade :

below upgrade path clear :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/upgrade/asa-upgrade.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I saw the phrase compatibility matrix above the supplied link and assumed it was the link for that insane asylum page of nonsense nobody without massive understanding and knowledge of the product would understand. Sorry. I jumped the gun and ran with assumptions. I apologize. But i was able to zero down on the right one from the flash storage and got it going finally. To mitigate that in the future I deleted all the others and will do that with the others once i get to them. Anyways, thanku and I do appreciate your assistance. 

Is there more data that I could give that’d help?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card