cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5515-X Firmware update to 9.12.4 (eol issue)

WNY IL Tech
Level 1
Level 1

So, Hope this is on the right board....

The 5515-x went EOL last year. I need to update our device to the latest firmware (9.12.4). You can't purchase a service contract on an EOL device. For "reasons" i need to update this device while we are in the process of purchasing our new 1140. can anyone point me in a direction where I can get a valid copy of the .bin file to upgrade this ASA or a path I can take? Something better than the sketchy and random FTP sites my coworker keeps trying to get me to look at... 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only legitimate path would be to request your Cisco account team (SE or account manager from your authorized partner or Cisco direct) provide you access.

The link provided by @balaji.bandi is the place where the software is found. If your account does not have entitlement, then one of the people I mentioned can assist. There's no other legitimate source of the updated software apart from Cisco directly.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have access to software download site and have contract you can download and upgrade desired version (if that version not available to download) either contact local partner and TAC can help you.

Since you are uplifting model to go Firepower, Cisco able to help you stop gap to upgrade or your partner can help you.

download from here :

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284143128/type/280775065/release/9.12.4%20Interim

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

WNY IL Tech
Level 1
Level 1

Solved. and thanks.

No, sorry, your reply didn't help at all,

what was not helped, where did you started, what is not working ?

I have provided valid URL for you to download the image and install on device ?

what are you expecting community  ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

No, sorry, your reply didn't help at all, I was just saying thank you for replying even though the information you provided was where I had started.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only legitimate path would be to request your Cisco account team (SE or account manager from your authorized partner or Cisco direct) provide you access.

The link provided by @balaji.bandi is the place where the software is found. If your account does not have entitlement, then one of the people I mentioned can assist. There's no other legitimate source of the updated software apart from Cisco directly.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card