cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM "this app can't run on your PC" - Windows 10

patrick.hurley
Level 3
Level 3

I am getting this error when trying to launch ASDM.   New install of Windows 10 Professional.  I have been running this successfully on other Windows 10 PCs.  Has anyone seen this and know the fix?

152 Replies 152

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Any idea when Cisco is planning to deploy permanent fix to the asdm software issue that was ongoing for over two years now?

Each time you upgrade the ASDM software the target location is being changed.

It would be great if cisco&microsoft could collaborate and resolve this. Thank you

garydens72276
Level 1
Level 1

I've encountered a similar issue before on Windows 10. Try checking the compatibility mode or reinstalling ASDM. Sometimes, a clean reinstall can resolve compatibility glitches. If the problem persists, reaching out to the Cisco support community might yield helpful insights from others who've experienced and fixed this error. Good luck!

hisham72
Level 1
Level 1

1- for each version of ASDM there is a suitable java se version ... ASDM version which is start with no. like 6(ex :asdm-demo-647) the java should be java 6 or 7 (ex: asdm-731-101) the java should be java7.

2- win 10 pro usually used chrome , firefox or edge last versions and these as i knew do not accespt TLS 1 or 2 encryption which is needed to open the website of ASA so you should use safary browser for windows .

i tryed all the versions i have and all it work fine as simple as that

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card